What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad passcode lock

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my ipad I set up the passcode lock. after a couple of days realised I did not need it so " I think" I took it off, disabled it
As I don't use it is the original one still there if so how do I disable it.
When I go to passcode lock page the top line is pale blue
The rest are grey the erase data lock is on.
I think I have the original # but I don't want to muck about without a bit more knowledge.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose it looks like this:

image-1701984621.jpg

If you turned off passcode lock, next time when you want to enable it again, you don't need to enter the previous passcode, but simply enter the one you want:

image-1733755926.jpg

OP
electra2008

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it looks just like your screen shot so all I need to do is turn the green button to off and that kicks out the previous code #s ?

Also did not know that just touching you shot made it full page thanks once again

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

You can't turn it off. It's not black, it's grey, which means it's not enabled.
When I set up the passcode again, it was turned off.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it looks just like your screen shot so all I need to do is turn the green button to off and that kicks out the previous code #s ? Also did not know that just touching you shot made it full page thanks once again
When you turn off passcode lock the password is erased, correct.

Most reactions