What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable Activation Lock with what passcode?

Odin098

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I recently activated Find My iPhone on my iPad Air with iOS 7.0, Activation Lock was triggered and the iPad asks for my passcode. The problem is, I never set a passcode for my iPad. I tried the passcode I use on my iPhone but it didn't work. Where did this passcode come from? Is there any way to unlock my iPad without erasing it? I would strongly prefer to not update my iOS version or erase my data if possible.

I am the legal owner, but it's prompting me to enter a passcode, not my Apple ID and password. The only options are the numbers, not letters, just like the normal passcode screen. However, unlike normal, it allows me to enter as many digits as I want. Once I enter the first digit, a button saying OK appears next to where the passcode is entered and can be pressed after I've entered any number of digits. Again, I never set a passcode for this device.

When I first looked in the Find my iPhone app, Lost Mode was turned on for the iPad, so I turned it off. This did not fix it. I also tried dissociating my iPad from Find my iPhone, which also did not work.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts