What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten Passcode or Locked Out Link Thread

caq

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just reading through the posts and in the iPad Help section there is a post titled,"iPad Lock". A reply by J.A. contained some very useful links. One in particular was to a place to find out what to do if you have forgotten your Passcode or someone tried more than six times with wrong Passcodes. This is extremely helpful. I turned my Passcode off because I was afraid of this happening and rendering my pad and phone useless because I was told or read that if you get locked out you can never recover.

I would suggest that this post with the link, the reply post from J.A., be moved to a section where it is more visible with a title that states that it has links to recover from forgotten passcodes or lockouts.

Maybe: "Forgotten Passcodes or Locked Out Recovery Link". If I had this issue, I would search for "Forgotten Passcode", "Locked Out" and then this would definitely be found. If there was a section for useful links and this was there, that title would make it easy to locate.

I just found this extremely informative to read. There were a couple more links provided in that post by J.A. replying to the original poster of the thread, but this particular link was really great to find. I am not sure I will be able to find it again if I need it a while from now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
These links can be found in Safari. What I did to find them easily, was to bookmark them/add them to my homescreen. So the third screen looks like this now:
image.jpg

The first two rows are website links only, arranged into folders.
So if you think the link I provided was useful, and you don't want to search for it next time you'd need it, just add it to your Favorites in Safari, bookmark them or add them to your homescreen. That way you're also allowed to select a title for it.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These links can be found in Safari. What I did to find them easily, was to bookmark them/add them to my homescreen. So the third screen looks like this now:
View attachment 58579
The first two rows are website links only, arranged into folders.
So if you think the link I provided was useful, and you don't want to search for it next time you'd need it, just add it to your Favorites in Safari, bookmark them or add them to your homescreen. That way you're also allowed to select a title for it.
Wow, I've never thought to arrange my bookmarks on the home screen like that. Then again, I use Google Chrome religiously on all my devices so it wouldn't be too useful for me as these homepage bookmarks can only be created and opened with Safari. :p

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I've never thought to arrange my bookmarks on the home screen like that. Then again, I use Google Chrome religiously on all my devices so it wouldn't be too useful for me as these homepage bookmarks can only be created and opened with Safari. :p
They're very handy if I have to search for something that could help someone. But I rarely use them, because most of the time I know the answer without looking at them, or I simply forget that I already bookmarked them and search for the links again. :oops:

Most reactions

Latest posts