Forgotten Passcode or Locked Out Link Thread

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by caq, Jul 12, 2014.

1. caq

caq
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I was just reading through the posts and in the iPad Help section there is a post titled,"iPad Lock". A reply by J.A. contained some very useful links. One in particular was to a place to find out what to do if you have forgotten your Passcode or someone tried more than six times with wrong Passcodes. This is extremely helpful. I turned my Passcode off because I was afraid of this happening and rendering my pad and phone useless because I was told or read that if you get locked out you can never recover.

I would suggest that this post with the link, the reply post from J.A., be moved to a section where it is more visible with a title that states that it has links to recover from forgotten passcodes or lockouts.

Maybe: "Forgotten Passcodes or Locked Out Recovery Link". If I had this issue, I would search for "Forgotten Passcode", "Locked Out" and then this would definitely be found. If there was a section for useful links and this was there, that title would make it easy to locate.

I just found this extremely informative to read. There were a couple more links provided in that post by J.A. replying to the original poster of the thread, but this particular link was really great to find. I am not sure I will be able to find it again if I need it a while from now.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    These links can be found in Safari. What I did to find them easily, was to bookmark them/add them to my homescreen. So the third screen looks like this now:
    image.jpg
    The first two rows are website links only, arranged into folders.
    So if you think the link I provided was useful, and you don't want to search for it next time you'd need it, just add it to your Favorites in Safari, bookmark them or add them to your homescreen. That way you're also allowed to select a title for it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. goofy8275

goofy8275
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I've never thought to arrange my bookmarks on the home screen like that. Then again, I use Google Chrome religiously on all my devices so it wouldn't be too useful for me as these homepage bookmarks can only be created and opened with Safari. :p

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    They're very handy if I have to search for something that could help someone. But I rarely use them, because most of the time I know the answer without looking at them, or I simply forget that I already bookmarked them and search for the links again. :oops:

5. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking at making a forum SOS iPad. We can then have the stuff that users need to get their iPad back from total dead plus many many more

6. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Great idea! The quicker the better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. col.bris

col.bris