What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pages autocorrect options?

ericthelutheran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a pastor and use a lot of strange names. I'd like to use my iPad for worship, but the little red squigglies under the words drives me insane!

Is there any way for my iPad to learn words so that it knows that I'm not an idiot when I type Hananiah or have it in a bulletin?

Can I customize autocorrect in iPad as I can on my Mac? (For instance, I set it up so that when I type "gd" it autocorrects to "God" and so on.)

Also, is there a "Presentation Mode" or something so that I can scroll but not bring up the keyboard?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is not dictionary customization, but there is hope.

Apparently any name you add to the Contacts app will not be marked as misspelled (so I hear but have not tested). Haven't you always wanted Eliza and Abraham in your address book? That should really impress your congregation. :D

As for the rest, what app are you using? If you are using Pages, it would probably be easier to email it to yourself as a PDF, and then Use Open In from Mail to view/read it in a PDF viewing program such as iBooks, GoodReader or another. As far as I know there is no presentation mode.

OP
E

ericthelutheran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The PDF idea is great! Thanks!

As for the rest, maybe in an update. It irks me that Apple's stuff looks so nice and costs premium money but often lacks refinement in it's software in terms of standard features, or features that one would assume were standard because they've been part of normal word processing for so long!

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts