What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autocorrect always put "Accents" in French... Any tips?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Hi

This is mostly for french speaking users, using the french keyboard on the iPad...

I noticed that when I write in french, using the french keyboard, the autocorrect will always suggest and replace simple words like "lance" for "lancé". This is pretty annoying as most of the time, written words can end with the letter "e" or "é"... This problem appeared in iOS 5.01 as it was not doing that before. I have the same issue mon my iPhone 4S, and previous 3GS also..

I disabled the auto-replace feature to avoid this issue since I do have to switch from french to english in my daily usage.

Same thing happens with "a" (have) and "à" (at). Every time I want to write a sentence like "Il a un iPad", I end up with "Il à un iPad" (He has an iPad, He at an iPad).

I tried resetting the dictionary, rebooting, etc... You know the drill ;)

Any ideas to fix this?

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts