What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not seen by iTunes

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad not seen by iTunes, or Mac side for that matter
Snow leopard w/recent iTunes on a Mac book running parallels. Parallels sees the iPad just fine, and photo wizard will even pull down my pics. But I can't seem to make the Mac side find the iPad. Even when I turn parallels off. Any thoughts?

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience may not prove your blessing, but as I've had occasion where iTunes would not recognize my iPad, I did the following additional things (with success):

- Close all running apps on my iPad
- Power down my iPad
- Restart my PC
- Connect iPad (while powered down) to my restarted PC

Again, for me...one or another of the items above seemed to be the thing that did the trick. But I can't say enough that what works for one soul, may not work successfully for another. But the nice thing is...the suggestions above won't hurt anything to try ;)

- Dave

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try it that way. I'm suspecting that it has something to do with how the Mac side & parallels fight over USB devices. May be a fresh pwr up will do it.

OP
Jeeper

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got time to try again, found that Parallels was not shutting off, but just being Suspended. Once the whole virtual machine was shut down, iTunes had no trouble finding the iPad. I'll try updating to os4whatever this weekend.

Most reactions

Latest posts