What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes remote widget

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have iOS8 and play music from your Mac's iTunes library, you'll love this: Today Remote is a free Notifications widget that provides basic music controls in the pull-down Today screen, even if the iPad is locked. No need to launch Remote to pause or adjust the volume quickly, like when the phone rings. Pretty handy if your Mac is the basis of your music system, but lives in another room. You'll still want the Remote app for choosing music to play.

No affiliation, just happy to have discovered it.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Similar facility can be found in the drag up control centre of an iPad running IOS 8.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Similar facility can be found in the drag up control centre of an iPad running IOS 8.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure LannyC is talking about remote controlling what iTunes on the computer is playing.

The Remote app he mentions does that, but you have to open the app and wait for it to find and sync with the computer before it works. This seems to be a way to do some of what that app does in the Today view.

The Control Panel music controls are for what's playing on the iPad.

You can get a similar effect from the Control Panel by using Shared iTunes Libraries and AirPlay, but how it works is completely different. With one, the computer plays the music and all the iPad does is tell the computer what to play. With the second, the file is sent to the iPad, which then plays the music itself.

Most reactions