What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad to ibook

grishart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I recently bought a Ipad 2 and can't access it through itunes on my ibook and power book (2006) I was told by apple that I need the snowleopard which in its self needs a mac with an intel mac.

I want to be able to add film(avi) to use in o reader and pdf but have a limited upload download internet so can't use drop box.

Any body know how I can do this?

Also has the Ipad 2 always needed snow leapard as I am sure I used it on the ibook before I went on holiday?

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the Apple website you only need OSX 10.5.8 which is Leopard which will run on a G4 876Ghz PPC or faster so if your iBook will run this then you should be good to go after getting a cheap copy of Leopard on eBay or similar place.

The Archangel

OP
G

grishart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I did speak to someone at apple and they said it needed an intel also the site says the following:
"Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor"

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grishart said:
Hi I did speak to someone at apple and they said it needed an intel also the site says the following:
"Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor"

Thanks

Exactly, if your iBook is 2006 then I'm guessing it's a PPC G5 so will run OSX Leopard and if you go to Apple.com and onto iPad and Tech Specs it definitely says 10.5.8 which is OSX Leopard.......so I think that you should be good to go.

As a side note, they are correct that you need an intel Mac to run Snow Leopard but you shouldn't need to run this version of OSX for your iPad.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts