What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I sync my ipad to my mac when i originally sync'd it to a PC

RoaHokie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i bought my IPAD I had Tiger OS on my IMAC and could not register my IPAD. I had to use my laptop to register the product and get it started.

I've sinced upgraded to Snow Leopard and want to use my mac / itunes to manage my IPAD.

How do i "start over" and sync it w/ my MAC?

Would something as easy as restore factory settings do it?

thx
RoaHokie

Helloneumann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what your concern is. I originally synced to windows then changed to mac. No factory reset. You should be aware that any songs, pics, video etc. That was on your windows and isn't on your mac will be lost. I copied everything from windows to mac first then synced. You do get the scary warning that you will lose your data and the iPad will be replaced with the stuff from your mac. I also didn't lose data in any notebooks or pages, numbers etc. Hope this helps.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just plug it into your mac, tell it to transfer purchases, you don't have to lose anything.

Helloneumann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps won't be lost only what I stated before if you don't have the same things on your mac. Also any songs, videos, movies etc purchased won't be lost.

Most reactions

Latest posts