ipad not powering up?

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by doh46229, Feb 20, 2011.

1. doh46229

doh46229
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    has anyone else had a problem powering up their ipad? i was using it yesterday when i switched it off for approx 15 minutes when i tried to switch it on again it would not power up and the battery was 75% full anyone else suffered this fault the ipad is only two months old so it does not inspire confidence with me anymore.:)

I have had to take it back to the store for them to investigate what the problem is- any info appreciated thanks.

2. JaeC

JaeC
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried closing all Aps? Double click on start button and all Aps Will sporæ across the bottom. Hold on the first until a cross appears and then click on each one to close Them.

3. doh46229

doh46229
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    pad not powering up

yes all apps were closed the machine is totally dead - no problem with it previously just now will not respond to on/off button etc

4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Here's the advice from the Apple website.

"Reset iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears."

You can read the full article here

iPad: Basic troubleshooting

Tim
    Scotland

5. doh46229

doh46229
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ipad not powering up

Tim, many thanks for your advice when i get my machine back i will bear this in mind if the same ever happens again thanks for your help.
    DOH46229.

6. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    This happens to me every so often as well (happened last night even). I'm not sure what causes it, but it doesn't appear to point towards a defective unit. Must just be a quirk with iOS.

7. pastorsteve

pastorsteve
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It happened to me once after someone pushed and held down the on/off button. I plugged in to my Macbook and it woke right up. Don't hold down the off button just push and release.

8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    One problem that I've had is that I normally set 'Autolock' to 'Never' (yes, I know, bad idea!).

So I put my iPad to sleep and go to bed - of course, iPad by my bed as well as my Bluetooth keyboard - hey, might have a sleepless night or get some great ideas (OK - not very often) and need to note them down.

However, I've found that, if I accidentally touch the Bluetooth keyboard keys, it (of course) 'wakes up' the Bluetooth keyboard and that wakes up the iPad and *takes it straight to the Home screen* - no slider control to confirm that I want to switch the iPad on. So now my iPad is on and the Autolock is set to 'Never' and the inevitable happens....battery gradually goes flat....and, with the Apple case on and the flap closed it acts as an incredibly good screen shield, to the extent that it's difficult to detect if the screen is on even in a darkened bedroom.

Moral of the story is make sure you don't have Autolock set to never at night with a Bluetooth keyboard by your bedside.....

Tim
    Scotland
    PS bought a spare power adaptor to keep my iPad connected to the power outlet all night......

9. Torria

Torria
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm having a different problem with my iPad 2. It's doing a lot of freezing. Email attachments are not downloading, had to do six resets in one night. I'm so sure I will be returning this to the store for an exchange.

10. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I am very sorry to hear that. You say that email attachments are not downloading - could you give us more details? I'm an 'early morning owl' so I can work on this tonight...I love a challenge...as much detail as possible..my wife is away on business and, hey, what else do I have to do....

Don't panic - with the iPad Forum here to help - no problem can't be fixed!

Tim
    Scotland - sunny again...what gives?