1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Power Up Problems

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jrd042, May 6, 2010.

1. jrd042

jrd042 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

New user here. Anyone else having problems powering up their unit after it's been shut down? Mine does power up but often I get the round circle going for a while then it's shuts down. On a second try I get the Apple logo and it goes on properly from there. Using a new 32GB with 3G.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Take this for what it's worth, but my iPad powered up fine until I turned the brightness level down to minimum in settings. After that it took forever to display the apple logo and start up. when I restored brightness to about 25% had no further difficulty. Not sure this applies to you but maybe worth a thought.
  3. jsisti

jsisti iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you reached any resolution for this problem? Mine does the same thing but very intermittently - perhaps once every two or three weeks. I have a feeling that this issue is caused by a misbehaving app but I have no hard evidence.
  4. jrd042

jrd042 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been very random so I've just decided to live with it. Other than that I still love it, no other problems since purchase.
  5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    If you bought it brand new from Apple (store or web site) or BestBuy, there is no reason for you to just "live with it". Its not supposed to work that way. Mine doesn't do that and yours shouldn't either. You paid $729.00 (I assume) and there should be no problems. Take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.