1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Power button issue

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by Guyster1973uk, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Guyster1973uk

Guyster1973uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks I recently upgraded my 1st generation iPad up to 4th gen iPad and I have noticed when i push the power button to lock the iPad there is a slight noise like a sweet wrapper coming from the button . I've also noticed the noise when if I gently wiggle the power button(of which there's also some play in the button).has anyone else come across this? Is this a common fault? Or should I take into my nearest apple store?

Kind regards
    Guy
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,673 / 0
    Are you saying the noise is different from the noise the iPad normally makes when you press the sleep button? Cause it kinda does sound like a candy wrapper kind of click...

If it's not that sound, then yes, I would take it to the Apple store. Cause the only sound you should hear IS the click made when you put the iPad to sleep.

Marilyn
  3. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +525 / 0
    Welcome to iPF and hope you have a nice time here. The sound happens while locking. You can compare the sound by seeing a video of unlocking iPhone/pad on the internet
  4. Guyster1973uk

Guyster1973uk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah it's a bit of a strange one I never heard that sound once from my 1st generation iPad all u ever heard was a click from button and a click from speaker to let u know it's locked. I have heard of similar probs with the iPhone 5
  5. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +525 / 0
    Hmmmm...... Take it to the nearest Apple store and show it to them, they might be able to assist you. I don't think anyone has experienced this problem before this.