What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back Up Power Supply for iPad

bertair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do a lot of long distance international flying;up to 14 hours or more flights and would like to have the iPad available during that time. As the battery in the i Pad only lasts up to 8 to 10 hours, is there an accessory battery pack available that is powered by AA batteries or a similar re chargeable battery pack on the market that can then be used when the iPad battery runs flat to give me another 10 hours or so of power?
I have a battery pack by Belkin for my iPod that runs on 4 AA Batteries and is handy when I run out of iPod Power
I have an aircraft recharge pack for my Mac Book pro , but is only of use where I can get on board outlets and not all airlines or aircraft have them available.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at the Hypermac range. The smallest one (model # MBP-60) will give you approx 30 hrs on your iPad, The largest (MBP-222) ~100 hrs. I have the MBP-100 (50 hrs), and can recommend it.

There are other threads on this and similar external battery solutions - maybe the mods will merge them.

Edit: more info about Hypermac here.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts