What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not accepting log in code and no wi fi

Bill will

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Please would you give me advice. On my ipad. I've tried to use security code but it won't accept it. I haven't forgotten it so I know it's the correct code. It also has no wi fi display. Which is odd has my other devices have wi fi
I'm becoming more and more frustrated so any help you could offer. I would be extremely grateful ! Thank you

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you contacted Apple support? I am sure they will be able to help. In the meantime, some good soul on here will no doubt give you some assistance.
Good luck

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, try resetting and restarting your device, which hopefully help with your Wi-Fi issue.
To reset (reboot): press and hold Home and Power button simultaeously until the Apple logo appears. Then release both and let the iPad power up.
To restart: turn off your device, turn it on again.

Reset your router as well: turn it off, unplug it, leave it for a few minutes, then plug it in and turn it on again. Make sure it's software is up to date.

If your security code is the one you have to enter when you unlock the iPad (passcode), this is what you can do to remove it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212
Without Wi-Fi, the second option (using iCloud to erase it) won't work. Either use iTunes or recovery mode to get it working again. You'll be able to add the passcode again after restoring.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts