Apple will Eventually Issue Patch for Wi-Fi Issues

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, May 12, 2010.

1. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    i got yet 3 iPad ( 2 32Go wifi, and one 32Go 3G) with all of them i didn’t have wifi problem, i believe we be lucky when i see so many people have wifi trouble and all have yet travel in 3 country and get perfect network everywhere include public wifi in Indonesia where 3G is just a joke ….

2. rlee131

rlee131
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Defective iPads

Having experienced the "connections" problems myself and then have them "go away" when apple replaced my unit, there is little doubt that with all the problems out there, there are in fact many defective iPads that were sold

3. kyxz

kyxz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The wifi issue must be rare or for some units only more mine never had that problem
    Whether on open or secured networks
    Home or public networks..here in Manila
    More power to the iPad ita revolutionary...so portable

4. epb

epb
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I turned off brightness autosensing - I haven't had a problem since. Before that, the iPad had trouble reconnecting to my wi-fi router.

5. obob01

obob01
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    iPad drops WiFi lease

I have done a small (10+) user survey of people who, like me, have Verizon FIOS running the ActionTec router. Mine happens to be about 3 yrs old. I have a pretty much constantly recurring problem with dropping the lease. Having finally gotten so used to it, I now have placed my WEP pw in a note, copied it, and when the lease needs to renew, I paste it into the message box.

The Apple Store in Temecula, CA also reports that they have noticed the problem in particular with the Verizon/FIOS/ActionTec setup.

6. MattChance

MattChance
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I resorted to calling Apple for help, after doing absolutely every ridiculous thing the internet pointed out that could be done to waste my time.

Apple cust support said that as a final resort I could restore the iPad, which took most of the night to do. If it didn't work, he said, I could call back for a replacement. It has worked for a week thus far, with the Wifi settings I WANT, not what Apple TELLS ME to set my router to (why do that when I have a MacBook 4 feet away that doesn't put up a fight with the network?). It hasn't forgotten my password yet this time around. The second it does, I'm replacing it.

7. Stracer

Stracer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It sounds like this might be a software problem if restoring the software took care of the problem. I hope I don't have this problem when mine arrives.

8. MattChance

MattChance
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Temporarily fixed it. It's back to the way it was, forgetting the password every eight minutes, while I'm connected to my home network.

9. Addicted2it

Addicted2it
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Have had wi-fi connectivity issue since day one. Went to Apple Store on second day and was able to connect to their hot spot. It also connects to every other hot spot that I have a password for and one that doesn't require a password. Sounds like my home network is the problem, but I have never had a connectivity issues with it, and I have 3 computers running off of wi-fi and to Internet radios -- all working perfectly with no connectivity issues at all.

What gives?

10. Addicted2it

Addicted2it
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Have had wi-fi connectivity issue since day one. Went to Apple Store on second day and was able to connect to their hot spot. It also connects to every other hot spot that I have a password for and one that doesn't require a password. Sounds like my home network is the problem, but I have never had a connectivity issues with it, and I have 3 computers running off of wi-fi and 2 Internet radios -- all working perfectly with no connectivity issues at all.

What gives?