1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

IPAD mysteriously deleted ALL messages in the INBOX.

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ISRI, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ISRI

ISRI iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All

A staff person was preparing to travel and prior to switching the iPAD to airplane mode, the staffer composed a message and saved it . Then the staffer clicked the edit button, selected a few messages to delete. Once the staffer landed, the staff person turned on the wireless and sent the saved message and then reviewed the selected deleted messages and deleted them.

The staff person noticed that it was taking an extremely long time to complete the process. Once the process was completed, the ipad somehow managed to deleted ALL the messages in the inbox instead of the selected messages.

Is there a process that triggers a mass delete?

Thanks for all suggestions.
  2. Magwitch

Magwitch iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't have an answer to this but do have a problem with maild being deleted from my inbox. Mail is set to be deleted from server when read, which is fine. Messages on iPad behave normally and those received on iPad and n to deleted remain visible. Usually. I have my iPad3 for about three weeks and twice during that time it has deleted the entire contents of its inbox and I have no idea why. Any clues? Deleted mail is still there in Deleted box, just entire contents of Inbox gone.