What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad mini wont charge in wall outlet

abarrett6239

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughters iPad mini has stopped charging in the wall or the computer! The connection when the charger is inserted into the iPad feels loose. I've read there are problems charging into the computer but this won't charge at all. Any idea what the issue could be!?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My daughters iPad mini has stopped charging in the wall or the computer! The connection when the charger is inserted into the iPad feels loose. I've read there are problems charging into the computer but this won't charge at all. Any idea what the issue could be!?

Hi and welcome to iPF!

Perhaps it's a software problem. In this case restarting or rebooting your iPad should help.
Restarting: turn off iPad, then turn on again.
Rebooting: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

If it's showing to be plugged in (lightning bolt in battery meter, or "Not Connected"), the cable should be okay, perhaps there's a problem with the adapter.
If it's not showing this, the reason could be a bad cable.
Try to use a different charger if possible.

Last edited:
OP
abarrett6239

abarrett6239

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried changing adapters but it still won't charge!:( it's completely dead now...??

OP
abarrett6239

abarrett6239

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could the problem be I used an extension cord with the charger!?? Can it damage the charger some way!??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try to restart or reboot it?

If it doesn't start, maybe there's a hardware failure, which has nothing to do with the charger or an extension cord. In this case you should contact Apple, or if possible go to the nearest Apple store.

Last edited:
OP
abarrett6239

abarrett6239

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I tried that! I guess I'll be calling in the am!

Most reactions

Latest posts