What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad mini won't charge

Lisa Doyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering what I can do for my mini iPad it won't charge I did try a reset but I could not reset it. I plugged it with its cord to charge it for 24 hours. And it still not charged. I had it for 3 months.

Thanks
Lisa

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering what I can do for my mini iPad it won't charge I did try a reset but I could not reset it. I plugged it with its cord to charge it for 24 hours. And it still not charged. I had it for 3 months....

Hi Lisa - welcome to the forum! :) Just a few questions: 1) Are you using the charger that came w/ the iPad Mini? 2) Did you try to plug the charger into another wall socket (or switch the power off to the socket being tried w/ a wall switch - likely not but I did that years ago and not uncommon)? 3) Do you have another charger (e.g. a friend or family member w/ an iPad)? and 4) Has the charger you are using been damaged?

Concerning a 'Reset' on the iPad, please review the quote below to make sure that you performed the procedure properly. If none of these suggestions help, then a visit to an Apple Store (or other qualified Apple service center) is recommended, as already suggested; could be the charger, cable, and/or Lightning adapter; problem w/ the dock; and/or the iPad itself - AND you are still under warranty. Good luck and let us know your results - Dave

Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions