What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini wont charge

Lostintheweb21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Testing message that says this accessory may not be supported. I saw a tread on the ipad2 forum that mentioned this problem and did the reset that was mentioned. Right after that I got back on forum and it's still not charging. The charger I'm using is an apple 6 foot wall charger. This is an ipD mini 32 Gb wifi cellular. Any more suggestions.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a software problem. In this case restarting or resetting your iPad should help.
Restarting: turn off iPad, then turn on again.
Resetting: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release both, let the device power up on it's own.

If it's showing to be plugged in (lightning bolt in battery meter), the cable should be okay, perhaps there's a problem with the adapter.

If it's not showing this, the reason could be a bad cable.
Try to use a different charger if possible.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are indeed using all Apple equipment, it is most likely a cable or charger problem. Can you take it to an Apple store?

OP
Lostintheweb21

Lostintheweb21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are indeed using all Apple equipment, it is most likely a cable or charger problem. Can you take it to an Apple store?

The nearest store is in Little Rock about 2 hours away, that's why I get my apple stuff at Verizon the local apple outlet. The cable giving me trouble is less than 6 months old! With others having thes issue maybe it's a manufacturing problem? Any way, I did use the original cable that came with it and it charged okay.

OP
Lostintheweb21

Lostintheweb21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perhaps it's a software problem. In this case restarting or resetting your iPad should help. Restarting: turn off iPad, then turn on again. Resetting: press Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release both, let the device power up on it's own. If it's showing to be plugged in (lightning bolt in battery meter), the cable should be okay, perhaps there's a problem with the adapter. If it's not showing this, the reason could be a bad cable. Try to use a different charger if possible.

First thing I did was the home/power button, but it didn't help. I finally used the cable that came in the box and it charged. Thanks for your suggestion.

lisapaul101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that is great information. I was using my i pad to contact ....External link removed.... and all sudden it got stuck. I don't know what heck was happen and i could not contact them. finally it open but there was no charge.
Moderator Note: please refer to the rules re disallowed external links, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts