What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad charging problems

bunnyharriet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I suddenly developed problems charging my iPad. Overnight it only charged from 2% to 16% and it is losing percentage points rapidly whether it's plugged into the charger or not. I have the original wall adapter but replaced the cable with a generic one. I only ever charge it from a wall outlet. I have tried a hard reset and soft reset a couple times. It says it's charging but i have to fiddle with the cable a bit for it to say it's charging. Any ideas what's wrong and how I can fix it? I've had the iPad for about 10 months btw.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have to fiddle with the cable I would say that is your problem.....I'd be inclined to take the cable, charger and iPad into an Apple store (if you have one nearby) and I'm sure that anything that is faulty will be replaced.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple probably will not take responsibly for a generic cable.

If you still have your original cable, I'd try that first.

Most reactions

Latest posts