What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini sound issue.

Allons y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
This week I had an issue with my iPad Mini; the sound would only work through headphones; the volume pop up would either read "Headphones" or "Sound effects" and no sound would come out of the speaker. I tried all the tricks, like a hard reset, blowing compressed air into the open ports, sucking out any debris from the headphone port, plugging in and removing headphones several times, and changing settings suggested by other users, but nothing worked. I finally had to swap it out with a new one from the Apple store. Today it started doing the same thing once again! This time I figured that it may just be an issue with one of the newer installed apps conflicting with the iOS firmware, so I picked the most recent app that I installed which happened to be a kids game (for my twin boys) called Jukebox. I clicked on it and saw that the volume rocker that is built into the game was set to the lowest setting; I raised the volume and hit play and the sound returned! I still want to check all of my most recently installed apps just to make sure they are not conflicting as well. My point is, if you happen to run into this same issue with the sound on your iDevice working only if headphones are plugged in, it just may be a app issue. It's always nice to have one more option before making your way to the Apple store. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Latest posts