What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stuck in HEADPHONE mode

yamahawg950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Air2. Had earbuds in audio port. Took earbuds out. Turned up volume so everyone could hear, and now when I turn volume up or down, it says Headphone mode. I have NO sound from internal speakers.
Plugged earbuds back in and now they have no sound.
Bluetooth still works.
Anyone else have this happen?
Anyone?
Bueller?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shine a light into the headphone jack to see if there is any debris in the jack that could be jamming the speaker cut off switch. If there is, first try sucking it out with a vacuum cleaner equipped with a small nozzle. If that won't work, very gently see if you can pick it out with something like a toothpick, being very careful to not cause any damage to the contacts. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, try a visit to an Apple Store Genius Bar, where they should be able to help.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yamahawg950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried blowing it out with air compressor. Havent tried a vacuum though. Will try tonight.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would steer well clear of air compressors. The air they supply is not dry, and can cause major damage.

As @scifan57 points out, suction is way better, and far more likely to clear debris away from the micro-switch.

Most reactions

Latest posts