iPad Mini Price Listing Appears in Germany

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Oct 15, 2012.

By Maura on Oct 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

More exciting news posted by AppleInsider about the forthcoming release of the iPad Mini, with word that a list of different iPad mini models was obtained from Media Markt and posted by Mobile Geeks. The list has the basic, Wi-Fi-only, 8-GB iPad mini priced at €219, which is around $320. As AppleInsider notes, the leaked list appears to indicate that Apple plans to have many different versions of the iPad mini, at varying price points, as the list includes 16, 32, and 64 GB models, in Wi-Fi-only and Wi-Fi plus 3G versions. Looking at the list, it would seem that the top-of-the-range, 64 GB Wi-Fi plus 3G version will cost €649. This list certainly looks very official, but we won’t have much longer to wait to find out if it’s the real deal or not, as Apple is rumoured to be launching the iPad mini on October 23, for a release date sometime in November.

Source: Retailer purports to show 'iPad mini' in Wi-Fi, cellular models priced from 250-650 euros
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Oct 15, 2012.

1. dylanheyne
      This is the first time I heard about a mini version of the iPad. Is this for real?
    2. buerkletucson
      Thanks for the info..........

I personally find anything smaller than a 10" screen to be way to small to do anything productive.......
      I've tried using them in the past and find it tedius to do some of the easiest tasks.

No thanks.......I'll keep my iPad 3 for most things and my desktop for real serious work.
    3. AQ_OC
      We think it is for real. These are rumors at this point but we recently learned that Apple is not any good at keeping secrets anymore.
    4. AdmiralAdama
      The price points are consistent with industry standards for miniaturization. Smaller being more, generally, and if you're making an apples with apples comparison of what's under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    5. skimonkey
      Everyone will have their opinions of whether or not they want one or not and that is fine. Personally, I feel that this would be very much used in my household.
    6. uniquename
      $320in Germany might be a reasonable price here. Too much competition in small tablets with the new nexus rumored at $99 to be close to the ipad2 in price.

But, $299 for the touch confuses me. The mini simply has to cost more than a touch.
    7. Kaykaykay
      I can see how some people might think that, especially at first. But the latest touch has retina screen and camera, and at least 32GB, for example. There are differences that will lead some buyers to maybe prefer one over the other. Some people are still going to prefer touch-size devices for certain uses.

It's like going to a burger joint and seeing 10 kinds of burgers -- something to tempt everyone; that's the goal. And maybe some users will get more than one device, for different uses.
    8. wosiccp
      This I think is not real, price can be showed earlier than product?
    9. uzumlubay
      IF these prices are correct this will be a serious rip off from Apple. There is no way they can justify a price difference of €/$100 between the 8Gb and the 16Gb version - the additional cost to them is probably $5.

The price difference between Google´s Nexus 7 8Gb and 16Gb version is $40.

I have Apple products and was looking to buy a mini IPad as I have a lot of music and video from Itunes so to move to any other tablet will cost me financially but if this info is correct I will be jumping to the opposition. The majority of Android and all the Windows RT devces take SD cards and I can increase memory by 32Gb for about $20.