What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Could be Wi-Fi Only

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_mini_pictures_leak.JPG

The Guardian writes that the iPad mini will only be available as a Wi-Fi-only version, and not with 3G, or 4G, for that matter! According to the report, multiple sources have told the Guardian that they think the iPad mini will be released in November, and that there won’t be a 3G-enabled version. By keeping the mini version of its massively successful iPad tablet Wi-Fi-only, Apple will be able to make it cheaper, and therefore, and most importantly, keep the retail price down low enough to make it a genuine rival to similar tablets such as Amazon’s Kindle Fire. The Guardian adds that it has also learned from its sources that Apple does intend to refresh its full-size iPad range, as has been rumoured lately, by introducing a new version of the tablet with the same 1800MHz 4G capability and Lightning dock connector as found in the newly released iPhone 5.

Source: 'iPad mini' likely to be Wi-Fi-only

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't the usual price difference between the wifi and cellular version $130US? This one is easy to believe, so I so wish they would decouple the GPS from the cellular. I think lots of people would see $350 as easier to shallow if there was GPS (if no cellular). Such a simple thing to make more people happy.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do think it would be wise for apple to move to a 6mo refresh cycling if possible. It would help its products stay fresh compared to the competition.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do think it would be wise for apple to move to a 6mo refresh cycling if possible. It would help its products stay fresh compared to the competition.

Product suicide. People would refresh every 18 months rather than every 12 and overall sales would drop.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard about wifi-only possibility before and that would sway me against buying one. I'd want one for more portability and flexibility than a full-size iPad and if I have to schlep a myfi device or tether, I might as well stick with a full-size iPad.

If they make a 3G one, I'll probably buy, in addition to having full-size iPads. I don't have a hard budget and am willing to pay depending on features.

If it's got few GBs, I also would be swayed against buying.

Both wifi-only and low GBs seem likely to me, though, because I think Apple is trying to widen its market base to include people who want to spend less.

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Both wifi-only and low GBs seem likely to me, though, because I think Apple is trying to widen its market base to include people who want to spend less.

I agree & I also think the "mini" will replace the iPad 2 in the product line up.

zunex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd rather pay more to have GPS + Cellular version. Portability definitely is good, however it should come along with high quality features.

Alieno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
despite iphone and iPad had a great success but I personally not sure if the iPad mini will succeed, simiar version od Samsung already exists and I think the competition is gonna be high.

jackson21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
brushwoodfencing.com
Both iphone and iPad had a good results but there is not a sure situation if the iPad small will be successful, simiar edition od New samsung already prevails and I think the competitors is going to be great.

AdMaiora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now i don't care too much, if it goes toe-to-toe to the Nexus it would be fine for me. Right now i need it to replace my iPod Touch.

Most reactions

Latest posts