What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini 4 double tap for copy/paste fails

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad Mini 4 fails a double tap for text selection. Power reset has been performed & Voice Over & all of the other accessibility functions are off I believe. IOS is 10.3.2 BUT I am new to Apple and Ipad. I would like to be able to copy & paste and that is the reason I want to use double tap. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

OP
T

Travis299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad Mini 4 fails a double tap for text selection. Power reset has been performed & Voice Over & all of the other accessibility functions are off I believe. IOS is 10.3.2 BUT I am new to Apple and Ipad. I would like to be able to copy & paste and that is the reason I want to use double tap. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Selection works diffrently depending on what mode you are in; view or edit.

When in edit mode (a text cursor is visible) double tap will select a word. Double tap with two fingers will select a paragraph (though that seems to be broken in iOS 11 Public Beta 2). There are quite a few other special gesture combinatnions to seleect various amounts of text. I forget them all.

Double tapping in view mode (when you can't edit) does not work. Probably because double tapping is reserved for a smart zoom feature. In Safari if you double tap on a colum of text you will be zoomed into that column. Some other apps will do this as well.

In both, you can tap-hold. You'll either select a word directly, or you'll get the context menu that lets you Select (a word) or Select All.

Most reactions

Latest posts