What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy and Paste from the Internt?

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On either a regular ipad or an iphone I have always been able to copy from a webpage in Safari and then paste into another application such as the notes app, or whatever. Yesterday, my wife purchased an ipad mini for the purpose of doing just that at her job, but so far she has not been able to perfom this function. Does the ipad mini take away the ability to copy and paste from a website???

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope I do it all the time. It does seem to take a second touch occasionally but otherwise works great.

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is with the mini? What we have seen is that altough the option to 'copy' is always there, there is no option to 'paste' in the second application. The most common apps we are using are Safari to copy from and then Penultimate to paste into. Any thoughts?

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might sound like a noob, but if you haven't already, try resetting safari and possibly the iPad itself.

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of that. When she gets home from work in a little while I am going to suggest we try that.

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope can't get it to work in penultimate unless I copy from within the app. Works in everything else though so it appears to be a problem with penultimate rather than the mini.

*edit: works great in Notes Plus also

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do this in Penultimate using my ipad and my iphone. Why not the ipad mini?

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've reset and it still doesn't work. I can't paste from any app into Penultimate. All other apps work fine

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I just tried Notes Plus. Impressive features but totally useless if you use a stylus. One of the best things about Penultimate is that you can set it to ignore your wrist when you write using a stylus. With Notes Plus on the other hand, if my wrist touches the screen the app will either totally disregard any stylus import altogether or the entire page will zoom.

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, I have actualliy discovered that I can paste photos into Penultimate but you're right, it won't accept copied txt from Safari. Bummer. At any rate, it appears it's not the mini. Just have to look for another app I spose. Do you use Notes Plus with a stylus?

OP
J

Jay968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind. I have figured out that you need to pull up that area on the bottom which enables the program to ignore my wrist. Terrific. Thanks for making mention of the app Dave. This will work just fine.

dave421

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've been using both for a couple of years now and still can't decide which one I prefer. Some stuff works better in one and other stuff works better in the other. Glad you found it helpful.

Most reactions