What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enabling voice on ipad mini

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kindle Fire HD and have downloaded a book and gotten the reading voice with it. It works fine on the Kindle, but I have not been able to enable the reading on either my mini or ipad 4. Is this function available on the ipads or am I missing some simple thing to turn it on? I do have the Kindle app on both of the ipads already. Is there an additional app needed? The book itself comes over to the ipads, but not the reader's voice for some reason.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
D

DOl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I put a voice activation on, I had to sync the Kindle app on my iPad. Then, I got a headphones icon (top right of screen) that I could tap on to download the voice accompaniment. So, maybe it's just syncing you need?

Or, maybe these notes on how to read/listen to a book will help: https://www.amazon.com/gp/audible/w...bl_mm_post_tablet/?deviceType=tablet&tabSel=1

Marilyn
I tried syncing my ipad with my kindle with them both in my rook with the wifi and it still doesn't do the reading. Hopefully, someone else will have a suggestion or two. I'll read the link you gave me also.
I never did see any headphone looking symbol on the ipad screen.

Last edited:

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you purchased and downloaded the Audio Companion of the book you want read? If not, then that's what you'll have to do to get the headphone icon to appear.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts