What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD Mail Client

bwakeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set the client up to automatically save a copy of a sent email to the "sent" folder for an IMAP account? Seems like a pretty basic feature, but can't figure out how to set it up.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I dont think you have to set it up, it does it automatically anyway. At least it does on mine. Are you looking in the right place for your sent folder? Goto the mail app and then make sure you are at your mailboxes (not the inbox) and scroll down to accounts, select the relevant account and then the sent folder, all your sent messages should be there.

OP
B

bwakeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but nothing there. I have a "sent" folder and a "sent items" folder and neither had the email I had just sent from the ipad. I found and option to bcc every email, which I tried and then just moved that bcc copy to the sent folder, but I agree with what you said, it should be just automatically putting a copy into the "sent" folder like all the other email applications do.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check in your Advanced settings for that account (you may have to tap around to find them). There is often an option to save the Sent folder locally or on the server. The server is usually the better choice.

Most reactions

Latest posts