What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using Windows live mail and ipad to sync calendars

etaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a friends who wants to sync her ipad and iphone calendars with her PC using windows live mail client on a windows 7 PC which is connected to her domain name using POP

the mail is already set up - and I know shes using POP on the Windows Live Mail client on the pc to access her email which is using her own domain email service

dont know whos hosting and also dont know at this stage if its allows imap

visiting next week - so would like a few ideas and maybe links to websites, where i can be prepared and know what to lookfor to setup
depending on if we only have POP available
and if we change to imap
also if we need to use other services like icloud

Thanks in advance - I know my way around a PC OK - but not the apple products

From my research it looks like I need to have the email provider support imap
or , setup another email account , like gmail, to sync the calendar

OP
etaf

etaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have just set up the calendar sync

i setup a outlook.com account and synced from the windows live mail to the outlook.com calendar and all worked well

i do have an issue

the ipad and iphone - calendar events created on these two items are not synced back to the outlook.com / WLM calendar

but they do sync with each other all OK

WLM ==> oulook.com === > ipad ==> iphone
all work that way

ipad ==> iphone
iphone ==> ipad
all work ok

iphone/ipad created event == NOT ==> wlm/outlook.com

if i setup an event in the WLM calendar and delete it via the ipad or iphone - it is deleted from the WLM/outlook.com calendars

so what does not work is just that

an event created on ipad or iphone does not sync to the WLM but they do sync with each other

Does NOT work
Ipad ==> outlook.com/wlm
Iphone ==> outlook.com/wlm

ipad and iphone are set to push

any ideas

OP
etaf

etaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have solved the issue , and a really silly issue
I played today at my mother-in-law who has an ipad

and it all comes down to not selecting the correct calendar - i had not noticed birthdays was also selected
so i changed the new account to a Exchange account setting , and also notice i need to enter the info incorrectly first to then get prompted to enter the m.hotmail.com information

set the account up for just calendar
Set the calendar as default

and all works

just means she will only have 1 calendar , if she wants to sync between all devices

thanks for support

Most reactions

Latest posts