What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad locked up (?) during OS update

steven.lamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I kept putting off the 3.2.2 update and decided to go ahead and install the update tonight.

Just to be clear, my iPad has not ever been jailbroken.

During the update, iTunes informed me that the update could not be completed. Before thinking (or looking at the iPad), I just clicked OK. I just looked at the iPad and the Apple symbol is on the screen and there appears to be a status bar below the symbol. This status bar is not moving.

I cannot get the iPad to turn off or anything. Since I received the error, I'm assuming that it is locked up. It also will not sync with iTunes.

Anybody out there got a solution or suggestion? Should I just let it sit there until it dies?

Thanks in advance.

OP
S

steven.lamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you do that if you cannot get the iPad to sync with iTunes?

OP
S

steven.lamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called Apple and they had me push both the Home and Power Button to get it to reboot. All is good now.

Most reactions

Latest posts