What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to restore or update Ipad 2

thegameksk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. I have an Ipad 2 that is jailbroken running on 9.0.2. I updated to the pro and want to sell the 2. I erased all the settings and now the ipad gets stuck at the Apple screen or after a few min goes to the connect to itunes screen. I connected it and first tried to restore the 2 with fw 9.0.2 but I kept getting the error 3194. Now I tried to just update to the most recent software but about 1/3 of the way on the ipad screen the status bar just hangs. How can I fix this? Id prefer to get it back on 9.0.2 so I can re jailbreak it. Thanks!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Error 3194 tells that you're trying to install the wrong software. The only iOS you'll be able to install, is the most recent one, 9.2.1, which can't be jailbroken.

A jailbroken iPad shouldn't be erased via Settings - General .... The consequences will be exactly what you're experiencing now.

The only option you have, is to put your device into recovery mode, and restore it using iTunes. Here are the instructions:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

OP
T

thegameksk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error 3194 tells that you're trying to install the wrong software. The only iOS you'll be able to install, is the most recent one, 9.2.1, which can't be jailbroken.

A jailbroken iPad shouldn't be erased via Settings - General .... The consequences will be exactly what you're experiencing now.

The only option you have, is to put your device into recovery mode, and restore it using iTunes. Here are the instructions:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Recovery mode doesnt work. It hangs a third of the way then after sometime it will go back to the apple screen and just sit there. Restore doesnt work and neither does most recent fw.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you've got the right firmware for your device. It's only possible to install software signed by Apple, and the only one signed right now is 9.2.1. If you try installing the wrong version of 9.2.1, or a different iOS, you get error 3194.

Try this method:
TUTORIAL - Failsafe method to restore the current version of IOS
It should help with your problem.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, there are two different versions of the iPad 2, the original and revision A, which came out after the iPad 3 was released.

Most reactions

Latest posts