What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad line

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean, down the middle of the screen?

Before anything else, try a reboot.

Turn the iPad off. Now press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears. It can take 6-9 seconds. The iPad will then reboot. That takes a while too. See if the line is still there. If it is, it might indicate a hardware fault. Is it still under warranty?

Tim

wld8hrt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. It started after everything started crashing ever since OS 5! Took it to apple and they said they needed to reboot it and I would have to restore from a backup on my pc NOT through iCloud. Brought it home restored it, and five minutes later, poof! A line down the middle of the screen!
Went back to apple they just said, "Yeah, you'll have to buy a new one". Thanks for the great help! They told me they don't repair hardware problems! You just have to buy a new one.
My iPad was less than 14 months old. Should it not last longer? I only use it lightly. Several it seems have had this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts