What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo from email to album

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can I transfer photos from my gmail to photo album in ipad 4. I have held my finger on a photo and the save dose not come up. Is there another way?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I transfer photos from my gmail to photo album in ipad 4. I have held my finger on a photo and the save dose not come up. Is there another way?
Do you use the built in Mail app, or the Gmail app, or Mailbox?

If it's not the built in Mail app, make sure the app is allowed to access the Photos app in Settings - Privacy - Photos.

Last edited:
OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the gmail app I checked the settings and gmail is green, I am able to do it on my iPhone 4s. Also this thing called "one drive" is at the top of the screen, I have no idea what that is

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Gmail app, it should look like this when you tap and hold on a photo:

image-3487572155.jpg

The "Save" option should be there.
What kind of file is the photo? (Jpeg, ...?)

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.jpg
When I open the email I hold finger on photo when I remove finger this is what I get. See photo

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It appears as if someone has sent you a link to their photo(s) stored in Microsoft's OneDrive. I don't have that service, nor do I have such an e-mail, so this may not work, but, jere's two suggestions:

(1) See that curvy arrow in the bottom right of your last screen shot? What kind of pop-up do you get when you press it? Hopefully, you'll see something like "save to photos" or "open in Safari." If you get either option, what happens if you try to do either? Or,

(2) Copy the link in your original e-mail, open Safaei and then paste that link into Safari's URL box (in the top, middle).

From your description, it sounds as if the preview function of the e-mail app you are using is not acting precisely like Safari. That's why, I believe, it won't save the photo(s) to your iPad. The Evernote does the same thing to me. If I use a link to a picture, the Evernote browser won't let me save the photo, I have to use Safari.

Anyway, and hopefully, by opening the link in Safari, you'll be able to take advantage of the "save" function.

Marilyn

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sent the email to myself, I was trying to get some photos from my photobucket account to my I pad and could not figure out how to do it so I copied them and with my lap top and emailed to myself. I tried the arrow and the only option is safari and it opens it but that's all I can do still can't get it to my photo album. I can't figure out why it works on my iPhone 4s and not the ipad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a Photobucket app for iPad. Most of the apps that store photos allow to save them to the Camera Roll.

If it's already in OneDrive, there's the option in the app to get it to Photos. "Download" will save it to Camera Roll:

image-3935955552.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts