What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web page will not load

Mharmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have accessed this page, cuteoverload.com, many times. Now all I get is a white screen when I try to open the page. I have cleared my cache, cookies, and history and shut down. Did not work. Any ideas? I need my daily dose of cuteness! Halp!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website is having a problem - it's not your fault. I get the same on my iPad

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

Mharmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can access the page on my laptop using Mozilla just not with iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like it's some kind of redirect failure with mobile Safari.

If I set Atomic browser to identify as a desktop browser the page loads fine. If I set it for mobile Safari iPad, I get the white page. If I set it for mobile Safari iPhone I get a really ugly list of titles, dates, and no pictures.

Maybe they are trying to update the site for mobile and made some mistakes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just remembered that Wordpress recently updated their services and software to create iPad friendly sites. So, wondering, I checked the site. Sure enough there is a powered by Wordpress link at the bottom of the page.

The new feature has to be set up and enabled by the blog owner. My guess is they are in the process, but haven't got it quite right yet.

Here is a link to the article.

iPads can now see WordPress blogs in an optimized view

With a little luck you'll soon be overloaded with cuteness in a whole new iPad friendly way.

OP
M

Mharmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. So basically the problem lies with the website and I have to wait till it's fixed?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or you could download Atomic Browser, go into the settings and change the identify browser setting to one of the desktop browsers.

Is the site worth 99 cents to you?

The settings icon, in case lack of cuteness drives you to frivolous expenses, is the one that looks like a gear at the top of the page. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts