What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad inside dust

principeazul121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a iPad 2 in amazon it was used like new 1 year warranty !everything looks pretty good except for couples dust particles! Will apple be available to exchange it?thank you!!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the warranty from Amazon or Apple? Whoever issued the warranty should honour it and I'd speak to them about it. Generally dust particles - if noticeable - do constitute an issue that warrants replacement.

Tim

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that very interesting how you would have dust between the glass and LCD. Maybe it was a refurbished iPad 2? I don't think that dust could get trapped inside when they manufacture them due to the clean room environment in which they are assembled.

OP
P

principeazul121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for replying, i think it is refurbished to too and has apple warranty until 2012 but somebody know what do I need to exchange it I just got it last week! All I have is amazon receipt box charger. Do I need apple receipt o something like that?

Last edited:
OP
P

principeazul121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bulletbilly said:
I find that very interesting how you would have dust between the glass and LCD. Maybe it was a refurbished iPad 2? I don't think that dust could get trapped inside when they manufacture them due to the clean room environment in which they are assembled.

not it wasn't refurbished! when I bought said it was used like new 10/10 warranty until 2012 but I don't know what to think right now I bought for my girlfriend!:(. Could somebody tell me what to do? Thanks everyone for answer!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bulletbilly said:

not it wasn't refurbished! when I bought said it was used like new 10/10 warranty until 2012 but I don't know what to think right now I bought for my girlfriend!:(. Could somebody tell me what to do? Thanks everyone for answer!

If it was a used iPad then the warranty will presumably have been offered by the merchant who sold it through Amazon. As you know, Amazon sell some items themselves but they also operate a scheme whereby other merchants can sell through Amazon. So you need to determine whether the iPad came from Amazon or from another merchant (the most likely) and contact that merchant. Apple would, at most, honour the original warranty. It also depends on which country you're in - in some countries the warranty conditions of goods sold 'as new' are legally enforceable, in others they are not.

Tim

Most reactions