What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad help

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi please can you guy's or gal's help. I installed some thing from cydia that would make iTunes think you had the most up to date os. I had to upgrade then downgrade so have lost it so if anyone knows the name that would be perfect. I am running 4.3.3 & iTunes keeps asking me to go to 4.5 & you know that is a no no if you wont to jb. Thank's for reading all the best. Martin

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I could do that but just thinking for the long term as I will not be upgrading for some time. Thanks again Martin

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a check box on the prompt in iTunes which says "Dont ask me again". You should check that... and it will never prompt you again for that device... :)

It is a very bad idea to spoof the version of IOS you have just to stop iTunes asking you to upgrade. The dependency checks in Cydia rely on this being correct to protect you from installing things which are not compatible...

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool thanks for that as I just got it again, do you think I should install it or not its called recovery guard.
All the best. Martin

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't reccoment it because like f4780y said, it might confuse cydia and screw something up.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd suggest you not install it. Again, as f4780y states, you're just asking for complications.

Plus, again, you can just tell iTunes to NOT ask you to update. It's what I do and I hook my iPad up to iTunes at least once a week - haven't been asked to update yet.

Marilyn

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. I think I will just leave it then as I am new to all this & do not wont to mess my iPad up. I will just tick the box in iTunes.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you afraid of hitting upgrade when the message pops up?

I think he is. Many people have "accidentally" upgraded.
(I don't know how you accidentally upgrade, iTunes asks you, the iPad shus off, and it says "upgrading" at the top :D)

Most reactions

Latest posts