What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad forums app editing?

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I edit a post if there is no scrolling arrows on the right side of my most after I click edit when viewed on my ipad?
thx

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to use the iPad's two-finger scroll gesture. You can scroll up and down in an embedded window by touching the text with two fingers at the same time and dragging up or down.

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course. I read the OP issue and thought, I have no clue, but will bump it to our IPF App section and Tim will solve it.

And you did.:D

@OP ~ this is Tim. If he doesn't know it ~ it can't be known.:)

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to use the iPad's two-finger scroll gesture. You can scroll up and down in an embedded window by touching the text with two fingers at the same time and dragging up or down.

Tim

Thx. Could you describe that technique a little more. I'm in the edit window. Is it closing or opening fingers like making a pic bigger or smaller as that's not doing it for me?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think about how you would scroll a webpages in Safari. You'd touch the screen with a single finger and drag the page up or down. It's just like that, but using two fingers at the same time. I use my first and second finger. It takes some practice to get it right - I usually ended up zooming or something else to begin with. But, after a while, it becomes second nature.

Tim

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx Tim, I'll try it when I get back on wifi. I'm on my Droid now.

Last edited:
OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, no can do! Two fingers does nothing for me for scrolling while in edit.
Do you know of a video maybe on Youtube that might show me how to scroll with two figers?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm - not sure then what the issue is. To see if you can successfully two-finger scroll, use the ipadforums.net website and try to post or edit a message there in Safari. I'm using the two-finger scroll at the moment to edit and moderate posts so, if you can get it to work there, then we know there's another problem.

Tim

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, no can do! Two fingers does nothing for me for scrolling while in edit.
Do you know of a video maybe on Youtube that might show me how to scroll with two figers?
Hi Expidia. As Tim describes to scroll within a frame on a web page you scroll the exact same way as you would with a normal web page except using two fingers instead of one. When you're editing place two fingers together inside the edit box and carefully slide both fingers up or down to scroll.

Of course, if there isn't enough content inside the frame scrolling doesn't apply. In other words, the content (text) inside the box has to be more than you can see while the box is open - text is above and/or below the borders of the frame.

Two finger scrolling looks like this...

TIM: Just tried it on the iPad w/Safari and the iPF App and both work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Rich. Thanks, too, for the video!!

It's an acquired technique. Your point, too, about there being enough text in the frame is well made - I should have thought of that....:(

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's an acquired technique. Your point, too, about there being enough text in the frame is well made - I should have thought of that....:(

Tim
So do you guys think I can go "pro" as a hand model? :D

So that video IS you?

And answer to your question?

No.:D

I wanna here your voice!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

So that video IS you?

Why yes...that IS me...and you are just being mean girl! :mad: :p

FWIW my voice is fine...until I sing...then hide the children and dogs!! :eek:

BTW, IIRC iOS 5 will eliminate the required two-finger scrolling inside frames. Another benefit to look forward to. (Yes, I know I ended my sentence with a preposition...aurgh :) )

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So that video IS you?

Why yes...that IS me...and you are just being mean girl! :mad: :p

FWIW my voice is fine...until I sing...then hide the children and dogs!! :eek:

BTW, IIRC iOS 5 will eliminate the required two-finger scrolling inside frames. Another benefit to look forward to. (Yes, I know I ended my sentence with a preposition...aurgh :) )

How cool is that! Talk next time, babe.

So we won't have to scroll anymore with iOS 5?

We are so mini-hi-jacking this OP's thread. We apologize!

(All his fault ^)

Most reactions

Latest posts