What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing contacts

Zitdoc2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot figure out how to edit contacts. Can only view them partially as there is no scroller and cannot figure how to delete.
Thx for any help on my new ipad2.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot figure out how to edit contacts. Can only view them partially as there is no scroller and cannot figure how to delete.
Thx for any help on my new ipad2.

Along the left-hand edge of your Contacts book is an alphabetic list A-Z. Touch the letter that the contact starts with and it will take you to that page. The letters are small, so you may have to zoom the page to ensure you hit the right one. Deletion of contacts has to be done on your PC and then sync them back to the iPad.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To scroll, you swipe up and down on the screen. Works both on the list and the contact (provided it's long enough to need scrolling).

You can delete contacts on the iPad. Just tap the Edit button below the contact, swipe to scroll to the bottom and choose the big red delete button at the very bottom.

Hey! I just noticed that when you scroll to the bottom of a contact (in non-edit mode) you have three buttons: FaceTime, Share Contact, Add to Favorites. When did those show up?

Ok, obviously FaceTime showed up with the iPad 2, but I hadn't noticed the others either.

Most reactions

Latest posts