What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad email page will not open mails ?

John Greig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The email page will open, then nothing happens, it disappears after a few seconds.
I have tried both a soft and hard reset to no avail, ? I have also tried removing my BT account and then reinstalling it. Can anyone help.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The email page will open, then nothing happens, it disappears after a few seconds.
I have tried both a soft and hard reset to no avail, ? I have also tried removing my BT account and then reinstalling it. Can anyone help.

Hello John - welcome to the forum! :) You're posting in the iPad 2 forum, so I'm assuming that is the iDevice you are using - correct? Please provide your iOS version (current one is 8.4). Is the 'Mail App' the only one misbehaving on your iPad or are you having other issues? Finally, let's make sure that you performed the 'Reset' correctly, i.e. hold down the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and allow the device to reboot. Please post back answers to the questions above. Dave

OP
J

John Greig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, I have an Apple iPad 2 and ios8.4, yes I have reset it as you describe, yes it is only the email that is giving me a problem.

Thanks

John

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've deleted and re-added the BT account. Did try opening the Mail app while the account was deleted? If not, give it a try, as a trouble shooting experiment. That should tell us whether there is a problem with just the Mail app itself, or some combination of the Mail app and your account.

If you have a second email account, even one you don't normally use on the iPad, adding it and seeing what happens would add a little more information.

You can also try going to your webmail site and dealing with any current emails, moving them out of the inbox. If it's a single email that's causing the issue (not unheard of) that would stop it. You'd probably have to delete and re-add the account to purge the problem email from the iPad before it would fix the issue.

OP
J

John Greig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it working thanks, went onto my PC and found an email frozen in my outbox, took several attempts to clear it, then did a restart on my iPad and I started getting mails.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

John

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Got it working thanks, went onto my PC and found an email frozen in my outbox, took several attempts to clear it, then did a restart on my iPad and I started getting mails.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Great John - I was about to repost just to agree w/ TP's comments regarding checking your email account on their website and also testing another account - but you've solved the issue! Dave :)

OP
J

John Greig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dave, thanks for your advice well, This is the first time I have tried a forum it will not be the last...

Thanks

John

Most reactions

Latest posts