What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail icon not showing the number when email arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

When I receive an email my iPad 2 does alert me with a beep but does NOT show the number of emails in red in the top right corner of the Mail icon any longer. My iPhone 4 is fine. Both on iOS 5.

Have tried soft ( keep pressing power button for anew seconds and then move the slider ) and hard ( power + home button pressed for 10 sec. till Apple logo appears ) reboot to no avail.

Anybody able to help with this problem?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked in Settings>Notifications that everything under the Mail section is turned on?

The Archangel

OP
M

Mirx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. However, on my iPhone nothing is set to on in Mail in Notifications and yet it DOES display the number on the Mail icon when emails arrive.

Murphymar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. However, on my iPhone nothing is set to on in Mail in Notifications and yet it DOES display the number on the Mail icon when emails arrive.
I had same issue. You need to turn on notifications in settings, mail

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had same issue. You need to turn on notifications in settings, mail

Hello Murphymar - welcome to the forum! :) You posted to a 6-year old thread and the last poster has never returned. A mod will likely come along and close this thread - in the future, take a look at the dates, simply a reminder. Hope that you enjoy the forum - plenty of great people here to help. Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is over 6 years old and deals with mail in iOS 5, 6 generations ago. As procedures have changed in the meantime and as the members in question have not been back, this thread is now closed to further replies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts