What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad e-mail problem

madmaclove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4 email accounts on my iPad. My emails work on one day and don't work the other day. I did soft reset to network. Nothing changed. One day I can send emails but can't receive. the other day I receive but can't send. Anyone experiencing this?

Bugsymal1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the ipad but all day my e-mail has been frustrating me, taking for ages to 'send' them and then displaying an exclamation mark in a red box beside them indicating they were not sent. Finally this evening I was able to send them around 8.15pm. As it happens I was receiving e-mails all day long

Rtcatlett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems sending emails. I continue to get a message that says: "connection to the outgoing server
"apple.smtp.mail.yahoo.com failed" . My emails are moved to the outbox and are not sent. Anyone experiencing this issue?
If so, how do I fix?

Thanks

Terryj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Can't send but am receiving fine. What's up?

ruth3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems receiving e-mails. Sending is fine. I still have to check e-mail on my PC.

PenelopeJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, except I do not get any error messages when I click the delete, reply, or compose email icons. They just stopped working. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thnx.

Hwarren96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, same problem here. I can receive but not send. I am able to send and receive on my iPhone but iPad saying server error.

PenelopeJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I found the solution. It is a minor annoyance, but better than the alternative. I went on the apple forum and learned I needed to RESET. Settings/General/Reset/Reset. It worked perfect. Don't panic, but you have to log back into your ipad, enter a few things, like your birthday?, and wi-fi password,etc., but we all have that, right? Hope you can find yours. LOL After I got back in and saw my downloads and everything looked unmolested, I went to my emails and BINGO, I can delete, reply, and compose again. Like magic. I hope you all have the same outcome. I would like to know how to prevent this from happening again, but I'm guessing this won't be the last time I'll have to reset. Have a great day. Penelope :)

Hwarren96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do I reset all, reset network or the only other option is erase all current and settings.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PenelopeJ said:
Okay, I found the solution. It is a minor annoyance, but better than the alternative. I went on the apple forum and learned I needed to RESET. Settings/General/Reset/Reset. It worked perfect. Don't panic, but you have to log back into your ipad, enter a few things, like your birthday?, and wi-fi password,etc., but we all have that, right? Hope you can find yours. LOL After I got back in and saw my downloads and everything looked unmolested, I went to my emails and BINGO, I can delete, reply, and compose again. Like magic. I hope you all have the same outcome. I would like to know how to prevent this from happening again, but I'm guessing this won't be the last time I'll have to reset. Have a great day. Penelope :)

It's great that you have a solution. Hopefully you won't have to reset again, I've been an iPad owner for a year and never had to reset (using your method). Occasionally I hold the on/off button until the slider appears to restart the iPad but that's all as it normally fixes any issues, even rarer, I hold the on/off and home buttons until the Apple logo appears but it's been months since I had to do that.

The Archangel

mlockerm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Archangel ... Saw your tip. Worked great and fixed the problem. Thanks

It's great that you have a solution. Hopefully you won't have to reset again, I've been an iPad owner for a year and never had to reset (using your method). Occasionally I hold the on/off button until the slider appears to restart the iPad but that's all as it normally fixes any issues, even rarer, I hold the on/off and home buttons until the Apple logo appears but it's been months since I had to do that.

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Penelope, when you RESET your iPad to fix you email issues did you lose all your saved things like ebooks, photos, etc?

If you choose Reset All Settings, it will have no effect on your books or photos. If you choose Erase All Contents and Settings, it will wipe out everything on your iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my email accounts was failing to send emails earlier (but was receiving them). A password prompt popped up a couple of times, so I entered my password, but that didn't help.

So I turned my iPad off and restarted it (Apple logo shows on restart). That didn't work.

So I deleted the account from my email and added it back immediately. The sending function now works fine again.

That happens every once in a great while -- email fail. I usually run thru those troubleshooting steps, and everything gets back on track. I've yet to have to reset my settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts