iPad e-mail problem

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by madmaclove, Jan 19, 2012.

1. madmaclove

madmaclove
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have 4 email accounts on my iPad. My emails work on one day and don't work the other day. I did soft reset to network. Nothing changed. One day I can send emails but can't receive. the other day I receive but can't send. Anyone experiencing this?

2. Bugsymal1

Bugsymal1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm new to the ipad but all day my e-mail has been frustrating me, taking for ages to 'send' them and then displaying an exclamation mark in a red box beside them indicating they were not sent. Finally this evening I was able to send them around 8.15pm. As it happens I was receiving e-mails all day long

3. Rtcatlett

Rtcatlett
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am having problems sending emails. I continue to get a message that says: "connection to the outgoing server
    "apple.smtp.mail.yahoo.com failed" . My emails are moved to the outbox and are not sent. Anyone experiencing this issue?
    If so, how do I fix?

Thanks

4. Terryj

Terryj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm having the same problem. Can't send but am receiving fine. What's up?

5. ruth3

ruth3
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I'm having problems receiving e-mails. Sending is fine. I still have to check e-mail on my PC.

6. PenelopeJ

PenelopeJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Same here, except I do not get any error messages when I click the delete, reply, or compose email icons. They just stopped working. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thnx.

7. Hwarren96

Hwarren96
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yep, same problem here. I can receive but not send. I am able to send and receive on my iPhone but iPad saying server error.

8. PenelopeJ

PenelopeJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I found the solution. It is a minor annoyance, but better than the alternative. I went on the apple forum and learned I needed to RESET. Settings/General/Reset/Reset. It worked perfect. Don't panic, but you have to log back into your ipad, enter a few things, like your birthday?, and wi-fi password,etc., but we all have that, right? Hope you can find yours. LOL After I got back in and saw my downloads and everything looked unmolested, I went to my emails and BINGO, I can delete, reply, and compose again. Like magic. I hope you all have the same outcome. I would like to know how to prevent this from happening again, but I'm guessing this won't be the last time I'll have to reset. Have a great day. Penelope :)

9. Hwarren96

Hwarren96
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Do I reset all, reset network or the only other option is erase all current and settings.

10. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks Received:
    It's great that you have a solution. Hopefully you won't have to reset again, I've been an iPad owner for a year and never had to reset (using your method). Occasionally I hold the on/off button until the slider appears to restart the iPad but that's all as it normally fixes any issues, even rarer, I hold the on/off and home buttons until the Apple logo appears but it's been months since I had to do that.

The Archangel