What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad e-mail problem

mstoked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having no luck resolving my problem. Emails are received fine,but will not send. I get a message there is no password and to go to settings and add one. This is happening on both my email accounts. They used to work fine. I have a first generation iPad running 5.1.1. I have deleted and re-entered the accounts in mail settings completely, shutting down the iPad power before and after. I. Heckled and my iMac still sends mail with the same information. I don't know what I can do next.

Fleurs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had to contact Verizon, my ISP, to reset all my passwords. I worked with the Genius Bar in the store first, and all they could do is recognize the problem as Verizon's. And it was. It is tooooop frustrating. All the nonsense about PW and then it doesn't work.

mstoked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fleurs said:
I had the same problem and had to contact Verizon, my ISP, to reset all my passwords. I worked with the Genius Bar in the store first, and all they could do is recognize the problem as Verizon's. And it was. It is tooooop frustrating. All the nonsense about PW and then it doesn't work.

I have a Verizon Fios account, but I also have a Cbeyond account. Both are doing the exact same thing. For now, I've deleted both accounts from my iPad in frustration. I'm wondering if my early generation iPad, and thus lower OS could be part of the problem. Apple used to be so much better about not abandoning its earlier products. They make a superior machine that costs considerably more and lasts much longer. Respect that and support earlier versions!

godfred annum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear partners, I have difficulty linking my IPAD to my yahoo email account. Please, any help?

littlemenahune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same type of problem but it just happened after upgrading to IOS6 last night. I am receiving Yahoo mail on my IPhone that is not appearing on my IPad. I changed the DSM on the Settings after reading that suggestion in an Apple forum but it hasn't made any difference. I've done a hard shut-off with no change. What suggestions does anyone have to solve this dilemma?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same type of problem but it just happened after upgrading to IOS6 last night. I am receiving Yahoo mail on my IPhone that is not appearing on my IPad. I changed the DSM on the Settings after reading that suggestion in an Apple forum but it hasn't made any difference. I've done a hard shut-off with no change. What suggestions does anyone have to solve this dilemma?

This may help:
Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and tap on your email server account and then delete that account. Then back to Mail, Contacts, Calendar and re-enter your Yahoo! Account email address and password and tap to set it up. Let us know if that worked for you.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

littlemenahune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
This may help:
Go to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and tap on your email server account and then delete that account. Then back to Mail, Contacts, Calendar and re-enter your Yahoo! Account email address and password and tap to set it up. Let us know if that worked for you.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried this and it didn't help but I was able to download a new Yahoo mail app and it has all of my mail. It's a separate icon on the screen and I tried to move it into the original Mail icon but that won't work. Oh well, at least I'm receiving my email. I don't like the way it appears on the screen because I'm used to the old way but I can live with it. Thanks for your suggestions. In the future, I won't be upgrading until I've read what other people say about any upgrades.

mstoked

iPF Noob
Reaction score

After a couple of days, it just started working by itself. I did have to make a change in my password on one account because it accidentally had 3 letters that were also in the domain name. I have no idea what happened with the rest of the problem!! Mysteries of science!

Mtrz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's great that you have a solution. Hopefully you won't have to reset again, I've been an iPad owner for a year and never had to reset (using your method). Occasionally I hold the on/off button until the slider appears to restart the iPad but that's all as it normally fixes any issues, even rarer, I hold the on/off and home buttons until the Apple logo appears but it's been months since I had to do that.

The Archangel

This solved my problem with yahoo mail. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts