What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD - delayed sending a mail via WiFi

dj_peter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem on iPad with someone delayed sending mail via secure SMTP when IPAD is connected via wifi?
I have IPAD 3G + WiFi. If I send mail through 3G everything works, when I switch to wifi network mail someone sends to be delay of 2-4 hours. I've done a complete restore, but to no avail.

Thank you

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could it be something with the router ?
Does it happen on other WiFi net - try some public free WiFi.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should check your mail sync settings.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and select it.

If your mail service uses IMAP then make sure Push is set to on. Also set a Fetch time that seems right to you. This will set the sync time for mail accounts that don't support push, like a POP account. Even if you don't need it now it will save you from remembering to set it if you add another account later.

Now select the Advanced option. You will see a list of all your accounts and their settings. Change them to Push, Fetch, or Manual as appropriate.

Most reactions

Latest posts