What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad cracked for no reason

pauliboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife's iPad was perfect and has been kept in a full leather case (front and back).

One minute it's fine, the next there is a hairline crack running from the home button to the top across the screen and the surround.

Luckily we took out gadget insurance last week - obviously we'll have to wait a while before claiming otherwise it will look a bit suspect.

Can I take it back to PC World (the shop we purchased it from) for a swap or do we need to go to an Apple shop?

Has anyone else had strange cracks appear?

Thanks
Paul

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can take it to either place and try your luck. I'd try Apple first, because they're more likely to offer mercy.

OP
P

pauliboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm in London this week so may try in a shop down here

Albsatru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine did exactly the same last week. I took it to the Apple Store and they replaced free of charge. If it's obviously not been dropped or misused, you have a good chance of getting it replaced.

Most reactions

Latest posts