What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked screen Ipad 2

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

What I was worried about actually happened. I dropped the Ipad. It was inside the Switch Easy cover and fell on the top right corner.

Now there is a small hairline crack from this top right to the middle of the lefthand side. everything is still working, but I went to get the Ipad3 anyway *wink*. Did have to get my wife a new Iphone as well otherwise......no change.

I do not plan to have it repaired by the apple store, so I am looking at an easy way to sort of prevent the screen to crack any further.

Has anyone tried to cover the crack with some super glue or is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Druminfected

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not use super glue on the hairline crack. Just leave it as is. Sell it if you really must, theres plenty of people tat would take it off your hands for a reasonable price, but if u plan on keepin it just leave as is.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are better off not repairing it than using superglue. it's not the tool for the job.
There are special glass bonding glues out there (such as those for repairing stone chips on car windscreens) if you really must attempt a diy repair but if it was me I'd be leaving it as is or selling it on. Wouldn't Apple have done you a deal on your gen 3 if you took in your ipad2?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best suggestion I'd give you is to put a screen protector on it. I don't know if that'll prevent the crack from running further (I think it would, if it's a good screen protector) - but it'll sure make sure you don't get your fingers caught on it. IMNSHO, this would be a smother-feeling "fix" than glue....

Marilyn

hwattam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best option is to get your digitizer replaced, we repair them everyday and fix any corner damage I wouldn't advise superglue as it will affect the touch screen working. You can get it fixed for around £90.

nathey6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best suggestion I'd give you is to put a screen protector on it. I don't know if that'll prevent the crack from running further (I think it would, if it's a good screen protector) - but it'll sure make sure you don't get your fingers caught on it. IMNSHO, this would be a smother-feeling "fix" than glue....

Marilyn

That is an amazing idea actually. If you do that, it'll be as good as new. It's a lot better than spending $100+ fixing it if it's just a hairline crack.

Most reactions

Latest posts