What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad cases.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally decided to get the the 2020 11" iPad and going for it tomorrow.
So of course I need a case for it and looking in Amazon as usual.
I saw the Ztotopcase that holds on to the back of the iPad magnetically , it looks very smart having no lip around but one reviewer said the magnets were draining the iPads power overnight even when turned off, I can't find anything else on this subject so has anyone got any thoughts on this?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the 2020 12.7” iPad Pro a couple of months ago and also got the magic keyboard which is held on with magnets. I’ve never seen any hint at all that the battery was being drained by using the magic keyboard beyond the little power consumed by the trackpad and backlit keyboard.
Apple has used magnets on iPads since the iPad 2 and I’ve never heard that story before. The magnets that hold the case are not electromagnets that require power to operate. The magnets will still work even if the battery is stone dead.

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has used magnets on iPads since the iPad 2 and I’ve never heard that story before. The magnets that hold the case are not electromagnets that require power to operate. The magnets will still work even if the battery is stone dead.
Thank you for the info :)

Most reactions