What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad camera help please!!!

Catituw2007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what has happened had an iPad 2 everything was great!Then I decided to jailbreak it and everything worked normal.After 6 months my iPad started messing up for no reason.My safari would randomly shut down on me.One night my iPad shut down on me and was stuck on the apple logo for no reason.Once that happened my iPad would keep doing it over and over again.It would shut down randomly for the littlest things such as opening my safari.I decided to finally just reset it completely hoping this would go away.After about 3 resets it started acting normal.But now my iPad camera isn't working at all.It stopped randomly shutting down but now some of the settings on the iPad are still shutting down. I was wondering is there a way to manually format absolutely everything on the iPad.I have tried restore,reset everything from the iPad,tried using the Ipsw. File by holding down the home and power button till you get to the black screen and try to reset it my the Ipsw and also tried with holding it down till connect to iTunes appeared and resented it that way also. Is there any other way I mean a way of completely removing any kind of OS system on thread and then reinstalling the original firmware. I just want my iPad to start back from 0 now I completely regret installing the jailbreak someone please help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can load a fresh, current iOS onto the iPad (it is iOS 5.1.1 today).

To do: Connect your iPad to your computer/iTunes. Then, in the main summary tab, select "Restore." iTunes will do its magic and, when it's done, your iPad should be good to go with a stock iOS 5.1.1 installed.

Note that I did not suggest you make a back-up before restoring the iPad. I thin that, with all the "messing up" the iPad is doing, a current/recent backup may contain the same problems. So, I'd recommend starting over from a new, out-of-the-box state. Of course, it's your choice (cause you can try it with a recent backup - I could be wrong :)).

Regardless, a restore is probably your best bet. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. I deleted your other thread you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

P.P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section.

Last edited:
OP
C

Catituw2007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your advices guys I have tried the restoring method before 1000x and it still doesn't work.
PS sorry for posting the post in the wrong section and posting it twice.I noticed just today that there was a help forum.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Catituw2007 said:
Thank you for your advices guys I have tried the restoring method before 1000x and it still doesn't work.
PS sorry for posting the post in the wrong section and posting it twice.I noticed just today that there was a help forum.

Have you tried this tutorial? If you follow the instructions exactly, you will end up with a properly functioning iPad running the latest version of iOS.
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Do this immediately if you want to jailbreak, as iOS 6 comes out tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
C

Catituw2007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 I have tried that method but the end result is the same I just did it this morning and the camera is still not working

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Catituw2007 said:
scifan57 I have tried that method but the end result is the same I just did it this morning and the camera is still not working

Maybe it's time for a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple store. If you do go to the Apple store, back up your iPad and make sure that the iPad is not jailbroken when you bring it in. Apple will not look at a jailbroken iPad. If your iPad does have a fault and you receive a new or refurbished iPad in exchange, you can set it up from the backup you made.

Most reactions

Latest posts