What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probleme on the reset of a jalbreaked Ipad 2

Flora08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everybody, i'm new here, nice meeting you all.
here's my probleme, i made the huge error of reseting my jailbreaked ipad because the restauration didn't work and i wanted to be ride of cydia. when i started the reset to erase all information on the ipad the screen became black with the logo apple and a bar which should show that the process is happening but doesn'tand it's totally blocked, itune doesn't detect it and i can't even shut it down. it's been two hours now and i don't know how to stop the process.
Could anyone help me please.:(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you are talking about a jailbroken iPad, I've moved your post to the iPad Hacking forum, where it will receive more attention.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi everybody, i'm new here, nice meeting you all.
here's my probleme, i made the huge error of reseting my jailbreaked ipad because the restauration didn't work and i wanted to be ride of cydia. when i started the reset to erase all information on the ipad the screen became black with the logo apple and a bar which should show that the process is happening but doesn'tand it's totally blocked, itune doesn't detect it and i can't even shut it down. it's been two hours now and i don't know how to stop the process.
Could anyone help me please.:(

Have the ipad connected via the USB cable to the computer (with iTunes closed). Then, put it into DFU mode (the steps are here if you need a refresher: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=27489).

Once you're in DFU mode, open iTunes. It should recognize the iPad as needing restore. Follow the prompts and iTunes will proceed to install iOS 6.1.2. Once it's done, you should have a stock iPad running that iOS.

Hopefully, you have a recent backup that you can use during the restore process to put the iPad back the way it was (minus the jail break, of course)....

That should do it. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. Well, I know you know this [now], but for those reading - this is why you don't use the Reset tab in your iPad's Settings app. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts