What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad camera connection kit drops connection

stingray1059

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i need help with my CCK. when i plug my usb midi keyboard and use it with with garage band , everything is working fine but after 5 or 10 minutes of playing it loses connection. i cannot play using my keyboard anymore.

i have to unplug and plug it again in order to make it work again.
i turned off my wifi and put my ipad to airplane mode still it has this problem.

anyone has this problem?
i have a 4.3 ipad2 jailbroken
i already saved my shsh blogs
im using a 2 in 1 CCK.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The CCK probably does not supply enough amperage to run the keyboard reliably (even though the keyboard has it's own power supply, I"m sure). Yes, I know that does not make sense, but it is true anyway. :D

If you have a powered USB hub (one that has it's own power supply) you can probably plug the iPad and Keyboard into it and make things work. You won't need the CCK, just use the normal iPad to USB cable.

flux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem (iPad1 and iOS5, though). A powered USB hub did not help in my case. Neither MIDI-keyboard or (normal) USB keyboard would work for more than a few minutes. Sometimes plugging them off and in would help. Sometimes a reboot is needed.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry. I don't actually have any equipment to experiment with, so the above general advice is all I had to offer.

If you do a Google search for MIDI and iPad, I believe there are some accessories that might help.

flux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip - I will definitely do some more googling... However I do have the feeling that the problem is not the MIDI keyboard, as two normal USB keyboards (which actually work on my normal computer) also refuse to work for more than a few minutes. I wonder whether it's a problem with my iPad (hardware)...

alohakanalu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking into using the cck and a keyboard to control my music apps like korg ims20 and sunvox, I've seen lots of videos on YouTube of people using USB keyboards on their iPads with no problem. There are a lot of factors to think about when it comes to your problem, considering all these other people are not having any problems... What app are you trying to use? What iOS are you running? Is the app up to date? Does you cck work with your camera? what keyboard are you using? There's a list of supported keyboards on the apple website... Hope this helps, let's me know...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

alohakanalu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the website that has working and non working keyboard models for iOS. But I have to post something else before iPF let's me send the link, really? Way to slow progress iPF...
Please let me know what you find I am looking at buying a small USB powered keyboard 25 keys or so.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts