What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried using the camera connection kit using three different makes of thumb drives and two memory cards, all I get is a message saying "The USB Device Is Not Supported" Is there a setting I have to make for these adapters to work.
Thanks for any help.

Al.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has worked with everything I have thrown at it. Even if it says this device is not supported it will still work. I transfer files to and from my ipad all the time using thumb drives and ifile. I have even gotten it to work with my cell phone and powered external hard drive. What exactly are you trying to do with it?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't it true, not sure, you need to have a base folder called DCIM to get these thumb drives to work?

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to review some pictures on a memory card. BrennB, I have also heard that one has to have that file DCIM on the drive,I will try it again by adding the file name. Thanks.

Al.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has worked with everything I have thrown at it. Even if it says this device is not supported it will still work. I transfer files to and from my ipad all the time using thumb drives and ifile. I have even gotten it to work with my cell phone and powered external hard drive. What exactly are you trying to do with it?

I'm fairly new to the Ipad but I have the camera connection kit and have successfully transfered photos to the Ipad. I'm curious as to what I would need to transfer FROM the ipad to a thumb drive? Do I need ifile? Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before. Feel free to chastise me if so.

OP
A

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to review some pictures on a memory card. BrennB, I have also heard that one has to have that file DCIM on the drive,I will try it again by adding the file name. Thanks.

Al.

Adding dcim did the the trick,thanks for the tip.

Al.

texaslonghorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those of us who ain't too smart, can you provide more detailed instructions about this DCIM thing to transfer files. I have the camera kit and want to use it to transfer various docs to a USB drive. Thanks.

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DCIM is a folder that all cameras make on your sd card. it is where you will find your pictures if you were to search the card as if it were a harddrive. The iPad is looking for that folder when you connect it using the CC kit. People have stated that you can transfer movies and such this way as well, as long as you use the DCIM folder, but I am not sure about that, or wether you have to be jailbroken or not.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm fairly new to the Ipad but I have the camera connection kit and have successfully transfered photos to the Ipad. I'm curious as to what I would need to transfer FROM the ipad to a thumb drive? Do I need ifile? Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before. Feel free to chastise me if so.

No worries. I didn't know if the original poster was talking about only transferring photos or other files. I was referring to something that you can do with a jailbroken ipad to transfer files in and out of the ipad without iTunes. I will have photos and vides on the ipad and if someone wants them I can transfer them to a thumb drive so they can put them on their computer. It is just convenient to have. You don't need ifile or anything else if you are just transferring photos to the iPad. You should be able to do that without a problem.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad IS jailbroken and I have successfully transfered photos to the ipad. My question is how do I transfer photos/files TO the thumbdrive FROM the ipad? Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts